Prime-four hopefuls Everton and Tottenham face off tonight with each groups desperately needing a win to maintain their dwindling European hopes alive.
The 2 sides are separated by a degree in seventh and eighth respectively with Spurs holding the slight benefit over the Toffees.
The north Londoners are six factors off West Ham in fourth and each know a defeat this night may lastly kill off their Champions League aspirations.
Everton drew with Brighton on Monday night time whereas Tottenham misplaced to Manchester United.
These two clashed on the opening weekend of the season and the Toffees claimed a 1-Zero victory within the capital due to Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s winner.
Everton v Tottenham: The way to watch
This match will probably be held at Goodison Park on Friday, April 16 and can kick-off at 8pm.
The sport is being broadcast on Sky Sports activities Premier League from 7:30pm and on Sky Sports activities Essential Occasion from 8pm.
Sky Sports activities prospects can reside stream this through the app utilizing their cellular, pill or laptop gadgets.
If not, you should buy a Sky Sports activities Day Move from NowTV for £9.99.
Everton v Tottenham: Workforce information
Everton will once more be with out Dominic Calvert-Lewin however Jordan Pickford is amongst a quartet of gamers who’re again out there.
In addition to Pickford, sidelined just lately as a result of an stomach drawback, Allan, Andre Gomes and Josh King are additionally match to return to motion.
Calvert-Lewin and Yerry Mina, each out with abdomen points, are set to be out there once more subsequent week whereas Fabian Delph, Bernard, Abdoulaye Doucoure and Jean-Philippe Gbamin stay out.
Tottenham, in the meantime, will probably be with out Matt Doherty and Ben Davies.
Each full-backs have been lacking because the worldwide break, however whereas Doherty is again in mild coaching after a muscle damage, Davies remains to be a way from recovering from his ankle damage.
Spurs haven’t additional points to deal with.
Everton v Tottenham: What has been stated?
Jose Mourinho is in no temper to publicly clarify why Tottenham hold dropping factors from successful positions.
Requested what the explanations behind the continuous capitulations have been, Mourinho stated: “That’s what I’m not prepared to debate with you. I feel it has to do with a few of our qualities as a staff however I’m not prepared to debate with you.”
Pressed on when he can be prepared to share his ideas, he replied: “Perhaps by no means.”
As a substitute Mourinho tried to take the constructive slant that his facet are good at beginning video games on the entrance foot as solely Manchester City have taken the lead in video games extra occasions than Spurs.
“I do know why it occurred and I do know additionally you could take a look at it in a unique perspective,” he stated.
“A staff that begins matches properly and begins successful matches means one thing constructive, means one thing constructive that you simply wish to overlook – the constructive side of that.
“However I agree with you within the sense that in the event you’re in successful positions and also you lose factors from successful positions, there are additionally unfavourable issues facet by facet to it.”
Everton v Tottenham: Match stats and details
- Everton’s 1-Zero win over Spurs within the reverse fixture ended a run of 15 league video games and not using a win towards them (D7 L8). They’ve not finished the league double over Spurs because the 1985-86 marketing campaign.
- Tottenham are unbeaten of their final seven away league video games towards Everton (W3 D4), since shedding three in a row at Goodison Park between January 2011 and December 2012.
- The final 4 conferences between Everton and Tottenham at Goodison Park in all competitions have produced 22 objectives (eight for Everton, 14 for Spurs), with the Toffees successful 5-Four in an FA Cup recreation earlier this season.
- Everton have received simply one in all their final eight Premier League residence video games (D2 L5), with the Toffees failing to attain greater than as soon as in any of those eight video games (5 objectives in whole).
- Everton have did not win any of their final 4 Premier League matches (D2 L2), final going 5 in a row with out successful within the competitors again in December 2018 underneath Marco Silva – certainly, the fifth recreation in that run got here towards Spurs, shedding 2-6 at Goodison Park.
- Tottenham have dropped 18 factors from successful positions within the Premier League this season, with solely Brighton (20) shedding extra. Certainly, Spurs have let the lead slip in three of their final 4 Premier League matches (D1 L2).
- 42% (11/26) of Tottenham’s away league objectives this season got here of their first two such matches (5-2 v Southampton, 6-1 v Man Utd), with Spurs netting 15 occasions of their 14 video games on the street since.
- Tottenham striker Harry Kane has scored 10 objectives in his final 11 video games towards Everton in all competitions, together with six objectives in six appearances at Goodison Park.
- Everton may change into simply the third facet to finish a league double towards a facet managed by José Mourinho, with all of those coming within the Portuguese’s two seasons in north London with Spurs (vs Chelsea in 2019-20 and Liverpool this season).
- Tottenham’s Son Heung-min has scored 14 Premier League objectives in 30 appearances this season, his joint-best tally in a single marketing campaign within the competitors alongside 2016-17 (14 objectives in 34 apps). Eight of his 14 objectives have come away from residence this time period, twice as many as he netted on the street in 2019-20 (4).