Mike Tyson will go head-to-head with Roy Jones Jr in an eagerly-anticipated exhibition battle tonight.
As soon as ‘The Baddest Man on the Planet’, Tyson will lace up his gloves as soon as extra towards a fellow legend of the game, Roy Jones Jr, in an eight-round bout in Los Angeles.
All through the COVID-19 lockdown, Tyson has been displaying off his unbelievable physique transformation and appears in prime situation regardless of turning 54 years previous in June.
Jones Jr, a former heavyweight world champion himself, is 51 however has remained lively in his later years, and was final in motion in February 2018 when he beat Scott Sigmon in his hometown of Pensacola, Florida.
Tyson vs Jones Jr: When is the battle?
- Tyson and Jones Jr will face off tonight, on Saturday, November 28
- It’s happening on the Los Angeles’ Staples Centre, California
- The undercard is anticipated to start out at 1am within the UK on Sunday morning
- The principle occasion between Tyson and Jones is ready to get underneath means between 4am and 5am within the UK
- Michael Buffer to be lead battle announcer, NE-YO to carry out nationwide anthem, performances by Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, French Montana and YG
Tyson vs Jones Jr: The best way to comply with on talkSPORT
- talkSPORT has the dwell radio rights to the battle
- Our free protection will get underneath means at 3am
- You may hear via our app HERE
- It’s also possible to hear via the web site HERE, or via the radio participant under
Tyson vs Jones Jr: The best way to watch and dwell stream
- The battle might be proven on BT Sport Field Workplace at a price of £19.95
- Their dwell protection will get underneath means at 1am
- The primary hour of the occasion (between 1am and 2am) might be accessible for all BT Sport subscribers to observe with out extra cost on BT Sport 1 HD, BTSport.com and the BT Sport app
- You may dwell stream the battle via BT Sport on-line HERE
- The social media website Triller may even be airing the battle
Tyson vs Jones Jr: What are the foundations?
As an exhibition bout, this isn’t happening underneath the identical guidelines as a common battle and it’ll not be included on their skilled data.
Organisers insist knockouts are allowed however the referee, Ray Corona, has been informed to halt it if both man suffers a foul lower.
- It is going to be contested over eight, two-minute rounds
- No headguards might be worn
- The fighters might be carrying bigger 12-ounce gloves
- Technically the battle can solely be stopped if there’s a knockout, however the referee has been informed to halt it if a lower seems
- The WBC might be remotely scoring the battle with the winner awarded a particular ‘Frontline Battle Belt’
- The consequence won’t depend on both man’s skilled file
Tyson vs Jones Jr: Undercard
The undercard will contain a number of exhibition fights.
Youtuber Jack Paul will tackle ex-NBA star Nate Robinson whereas former two-weight world champion Badou Jack may even be in motion.
- Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr, WBC Frontline Championship
- Jake Paul vs. Nate Robinson, cruiserweight
- Badou Jack vs. Blake McKernan, mild heavyweight
- Jamaine Ortiz vs. Sulaiman Segawa, light-weight
- Irvin Gonzalez Jr. vs. Edward Vasquez, featherweight
- Juiseppe Cusumano vs. Greg Corbin, heavyweight
Tyson vs Jones Jr: Story of the Tape
Tyson weighed in LIGHTER for his battle towards Jones Jr than when he grew to become the youngest-ever heavyweight champion in 1986.
He tipped the scales at 15st 10lbs – lower than when he toppled Trevor Berbick to be topped WBC belt aged simply 20.
Jones Jr, who fought most of his profession at light-heavyweight, got here in at his heaviest ever at 15st useless on.
Story of the Tape
Tyson – Jones Jr
Age: 54 – 51
Hometown: New York City – Pensacola, Florida
Document: 50/6/0 (44 KOs) – 66/9/0 (47 KOs)
Top: 5 ft 10 in (178 cm) – 5 ft 11 in (180 cm)
Model: Orthodox – Orthodox
Recognition: Former undisputed heavyweight champion – Former undisputed mild heavyweight and WBA heavyweight champion
Tyson vs Jones Jr: What has been stated?
Roy Jones Jr has stated he’s contemplated dying in his showdown with Mike Tyson however says he would ‘die a cheerful man’.
‘Captain Hook’ stated: “You get hit by Mike Tyson, something can occur to you. Mike Tyson is not only an atypical puncher. He’s a kind of guys who can do exactly that to you.
“So it’s best to know what you’re going into and you have to be prepared for that as a result of this Mike.
“For me, I don’t actually give a rattling. I battle for a dwelling. I’ll be able to die for my sport. I ain’t tripping in any respect as a result of I do know that demise is a likelihood. That may occur to anyone.
“And I do know it will probably occur to me much more getting in there with any individual as harmful as Mike Tyson. Drawback with me is – why I like what I like and I do what I do is as a result of I like boxing.
“So if I’ve gotta die boxing I’m gonna die a cheerful man.”
Tyson, in the meantime, has stated: “I feel Roy can deal with getting slapped round a bit bit. It’s going to be actually scorching in that kitchen.
“I’m pitching punches, every thing else is as much as Roy. If I’m operating anyplace, I’m operating proper at him.”
Obtain the talkSPORT app and hearken to an enormous heavyweight evening of motion this Saturday, with dwell and unique radio commentary of Daniel Dubois vs Joe Joyce adopted by dwell protection of Mike Tyson’s return to the ring towards Roy Jones Jr