Chelsea will start their hunt for the Premier League trophy by dealing with off towards London rivals Crystal Palace on Saturday.
The Blues will likely be assured of extending their spectacular document towards the Eagles – having beat them in every of their final seven conferences.
Palace, who’ve additionally ominously misplaced their final 4 visits to Stamford Bridge by an mixture rating of 11-2, face the unenviable process of souring Romelu Lukaku’s anticipated return to the Prem.
But, the Selhurst Park outfit can take some consolation from the truth that new supervisor Patrick Viera by no means misplaced to Chelsea as a participant.
The fixture needs to be an intriguing one with the Blues absolutely conscious of slipping up on their potential banana pores and skin opening day conflict.
Chelsea v Crystal Palace: Date and kick-off time
This match will likely be held on Saturday, August 14 and can kick off at 3pm.
Palace boasted a formidable opening day document below former boss Roy Hodgson as they stored a clear sheet in every of the final three seasons.
However they have been battered 4-Zero by Chelsea in the identical fixture final October and likewise conceded the identical quantity once they confronted once more in April.
Chelsea v Crystal Palace: Find out how to watch
Sadly, this recreation shouldn’t be being broadcast on TV within the UK.
Nonetheless, talkSPORT’s Adrian Durham will likely be at Stamford Bridge for GameDay Dwell and can deliver you common updates from the match.
Chelsea v Crystal Palace: Staff Information
Chelsea’s Hakim Ziyech’s damage blow in Wednesday’s Tremendous Cup win over Villarreal is about to maintain him out for 2 weeks.
Ziyech scored however then needed to go off within the first half clutching his arm with boss Thomas Tuchel saying: “In case you take a participant out in the course of the first half, it’s critical. It was unlucky as a result of he has been a really decisive participant within the final video games.”
Plenty of stars from Mason Mount to Jorginho have solely lately returned to coaching following worldwide tournaments this summer time.
Lukaku will miss out on making his first look for the membership eight years since his final as he’s unavailable to begin towards Palace on account of quarantining since his arrival in London.
As for Palace, Eberechi Eze stays a long-term damage concern after he ruptured his achilles tendon throughout coaching in Could this 12 months.
It’s nonetheless unknown when he’s anticipated to be again enjoying however he stays out of their squad for the Premier League opener at Chelsea.
However there could also be an opportunity for plenty of debuts for Palace together with Marc Guehi who signed for the membership this summer time from Chelsea.
Chelsea v Crystal Palace: Match stats and info
- Chelsea have gained 16 of their final 20 Premier League conferences with Crystal Palace (L4), together with every of the final seven in a row.
- After successful back-to-back away league video games towards Chelsea in 2015-16 and 2016-17, Crystal Palace have misplaced their final 4 visits to Stamford Bridge by an mixture rating of 11-2.
- Chelsea have misplaced their opening match in two of the final 4 Premier League seasons (W2), as many as that they had within the earlier 23 campaigns (W16 D5 L2).
- Crystal Palace have gained two of their final three season openers within the Premier League (D1), maintaining a clear sheet in all three matches. The Eagles had gained simply two of their earlier 15 top-flight openers (D4 L9).
- Chelsea misplaced two of their final three Premier League video games of the 2020-21 season, greater than that they had of their earlier 16 below supervisor Thomas Tuchel (W10 D5 L1).
- Not one of the final 19 Champions League winners have misplaced their first league recreation the next season, with Bayern Munich the final European champion to take action in 2001-02. On the earlier event Chelsea have been the reigning European champions, they started their league marketing campaign with seven wins from eight video games (D1).
- Crystal Palace have misplaced six of their final eight Premier League video games (W2). Certainly, no present Premier League facet has taken fewer factors from their final eight league matches than the Eagles (6).
- As a participant, Crystal Palace supervisor Patrick Vieira by no means ended on the shedding facet towards Chelsea within the Premier League, successful six and drawing 4 of his 10 video games towards the Blues. It’s essentially the most a participant has ever confronted Chelsea within the competitors with out struggling defeat.
- Chelsea’s Christian Pulisic has scored extra Premier League objectives towards Crystal Palace than he has vs some other opponent within the competitors, along with his 4 objectives in 4 video games towards the Eagles accounting for 31% of his whole of 13 objectives within the division.
- Crystal Palace striker Christian Benteke scored in his final 4 league appearances within the 2020-21 season – he’s by no means scored in 5 consecutive Premier League video games earlier than. The Belgian striker has netted seven Premier League objectives towards Chelsea, towards no facet has he scored extra within the competitors.