Leicester and Southampton face off at Wembley this Sunday in quarter-finals of the FA Cup.
Each groups have achieved rather well to achieve the ultimate 4 of the historic match and will probably be decided to go all the best way and declare silverware this season.
Leicester noticed off Manchester United within the final spherical whereas Southampton beat Bournemouth to arrange this tie.
The Foxes beat the Saints 2-Zero within the Premier League earlier this season and infamously smashed them 9-Zero final time period.
However Brendan Rodgers’ males have struggled in latest weeks and won’t need their good marketing campaign to fizzle out.
Southampton, in the meantime, at the moment are seemingly secure within the league and may focus absolutely on extending their cup run.
The winner of this tie will tackle Chelsea within the cup last on Might 15 after they beat Manchester City 1-Zero on Saturday.
Leicester v Southampton: Methods to pay attention
This match will get below manner at 6:30pm on Sunday, April 18.
Full protection from Wembley will probably be dwell on talkSPORT, with our pre-match build-up beginning at 5pm.
Mark Saggers will probably be your host and commentary will come from Sam Matterface and Dean Ashton.
To tune in, click on the radio participant under or HERE for the dwell stream.
Listed below are the opposite methods to pay attention…
App iPhone – Obtain from the Apple retailer
Android – Obtain from Google Play
Radio – talkSPORT is offered throughout the United Kingdom through DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
TV – Take heed to talkSPORT via your TV on the next channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Virgin Media: Channel 927 Freeview: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Leicester v Southampton: Workforce information
Leicester trio Hamza Choudhury, James Maddison and Ayoze Perez have all returned to the first-team fold.
The three gamers missed the membership’s defeat to West Ham final Sunday after breaching Covid-19 protocols however are set to return.
Foxes will nonetheless be with out long-term absentees James Justin and Harvey Barnes however haven’t any additional points to cope with.
Oriol Romeu stays Southampton’s solely damage downside with an ankle subject.
The Saints have a completely match squad in any other case.
Leicester v Southampton: What has been stated?
This will probably be Leicester’s first FA Cup semi last in 39 years and Brendan Rodgers has underlined the significance of protecting calm.
The Foxes boss stated: “In these moments that capability to have that self management is essential.
“When it counts most is when you find yourself below strain.
“We need to get into the ultimate and we will solely do this with performing nicely. In the event you overthink it or get nervous it might immobilise you.
“You keep calm, give readability to the group after which arrive and look to play your sport.
“We are able to’t management what Southampton carry however we will management what we do.”
Leicester v Southampton: Match stats and information
- Southampton have gained their final two FA Cup conferences with Leicester, beating them 1-Zero in January 2006 and 2-Zero in January 2008.
- Leicester beat Southampton 2-Zero within the Premier League earlier this season – they’ve not overwhelmed the Saints twice in the identical season because the 2011-12 Championship marketing campaign.
- That is Leicester’s eighth FA Cup semi-final (W4 L3), and first since 1982 after they misplaced 2-Zero to eventual winners Tottenham Hotspur.
- Having gained two of their first three FA Cup semi-final ties between 1898 and 1902, Southampton have progressed from simply two of their subsequent 9 such matches (1976 and 2003).
- Leicester have misplaced all three of their matches on the new Wembley Stadium, with their final victory at Wembley coming within the 2000 League Cup last in opposition to Tranmere (2-1).
- Southampton are but to concede a objective on this season’s FA Cup – they might change into the primary group to achieve the ultimate of the competitors with out conceding since Everton did so in 1965-66.
- Since successful the Soccer League Trophy last in 2010, Southampton have misplaced every of their final 4 video games at Wembley Stadium, together with an FA Cup semi-final defeat to Chelsea in 2018.
- Jamie Vardy has scored in all three of his appearances at Wembley Stadium for Leicester, with the striker accountable for 4 of the Foxes’ six targets scored on the floor since its reopening.
- Because the begin of the 2015-16 season, Leicester’s Kelechi Iheanacho has scored extra FA Cup targets than every other participant (13), with the Nigerian scoring on common as soon as each 78 minutes within the competitors.
- Southampton’s Nathan Redmond has been concerned in seven targets in his final six FA Cup appearances, scoring 5 and helping two.