Previous rivals Liverpool and Newcastle face off in Saturday’s early kick-off in a key recreation at each ends of the Premier League desk.
Liverpool, who drew with Leeds on Monday night time, are struggling to make the highest 4 this season and must win this weekend.
The Reds have additionally been embroiled within the European Tremendous League furore this week and can need to begin making it as much as their despondent followers.
Newcastle, in the meantime, are nonetheless not secure from relegation however have gained their final two top-flight video games.
These two drew 0-Zero within the north east in December however have performed out some traditional matches down the years.
talkSPORT will probably be at Anfield to deliver you all of the motion from what may very well be one other traditional.
Liverpool v Newcastle: Tips on how to hear
This match will get below approach at 12:30pm on Saturday, April 24.
Full protection from Anfield will probably be completely reside on talkSPORT, with our pre-match build-up beginning at 11am.
Reshmin Chowdhury will probably be your host and commentary will come from Clive Tyldesley and Trevor Sinclair.
To tune in, click on the radio participant beneath or HERE for the reside stream.
Listed below are the opposite methods to hear…
App iPhone – Obtain from the Apple retailer
Android – Obtain from Google Play
Radio – talkSPORT is offered throughout the United Kingdom by way of DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
TV – Hearken to talkSPORT by your TV on the next channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Virgin Media: Channel 927 Freeview: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Liverpool v Newcastle: Crew information
Liverpool defender Nat Phillips has not recovered from a hamstring harm in time to face Newcastle.
The centre-back has returned to gentle coaching having missed Monday’s draw at Leeds however will not be match sufficient to be thought of for the squad.
Curtis Jones is again after a three-game absence with a muscle drawback, whereas any fears over the health of ahead Diogo Jota have been allayed.
Newcastle striker Allan Saint-Maximin will probably be match to face the champions.
The Frenchman limped out of final weekend’s 3-2 win over West Ham with an ankle drawback, however has skilled all week and is offered for choice.
Callum Wilson, who has made two appearances in its place following his return from a long-term hamstring lay-off, can be match.
Fabian Schar can be again in coaching after a knee harm however this recreation will doubtless come too quickly for him whereas Karl Darlow, Isaac Hayden, Jamaal Lascelles and Ryan Fraser are all out.
Liverpool v Newcastle: Match stats and info
- Liverpool are unbeaten of their final 24 house league video games towards Newcastle (W20 D4) since a 0-2 loss in April 1994.
- Newcastle’s goalless draw towards Liverpool within the reverse fixture ended a run of 5 straight defeats towards the Reds. Nonetheless, the Magpies stay winless of their final eight league conferences with Liverpool (D3 L5) since a 2-Zero house win in December 2015.
- There have been 3.12 goals-per-game in Premier League conferences between Liverpool and Newcastle (159 objectives in 51 video games), the best ratio of any of the 31 fixtures to have been performed at the least 50 occasions within the competitors.
- Newcastle have gained simply certainly one of their 25 Premier League away video games towards reigning champions (D7 L17), dropping the final 5 in a row by an combination rating of 20-Three since beating Manchester United 1-Zero in December 2013.
- Liverpool have dropped 13 factors from successful positions within the Premier League this season, two greater than that they had throughout the final two campaigns mixed (6 in 2018-19, 5 in 2019-20).
- Newcastle United have gained their final two Premier League video games, as many as of their earlier 19 (D6 L11). The Magpies final gained three in a row in November 2018 below Rafael Benitez, whereas present supervisor Steve Bruce final registered three top-flight wins in a row in January 2009 with Wigan Athletic – that is Bruce’s 254th Premier League recreation since then.
- Liverpool have conceded the primary objective in every of their final seven house league video games, although they did come again to win their final such match vs Aston Villa (L6). The final group to concede the primary objective in eight consecutive Premier League house video games was Sunderland between March-August 2008.
- Liverpool’s Trent Alexander-Arnold has been concerned in three objectives in his final three Premier League appearances (1 objective, 2 assists), as many as in his earlier 24 within the competitors. He final scored or assisted a objective in 4 consecutive league video games between April-August 2019 (6 assists throughout 5 consecutive video games).
- Joe Willock has scored three objectives in 9 Premier League appearances for Newcastle, having netted simply as soon as in 40 league video games for Arsenal. Willock’s three objectives have been price 5 factors to Newcastle, with solely Callum Wilson’s objectives extra invaluable to the Magpies this time period (9).
- Newcastle have gained 37% of the video games when Allan Saint-Maximin has performed within the Premier League this season (7/19), in comparison with 15% with out him (2/13).