Newcastle will likely be seeking to their blended bag season thus far heading in the right direction once they host pointless Burnley on Saturday night.
GameDay finishes off at St James’ Park this weekend as Steve Bruce and Sean Dyche face off.
Arsenal information reside: Aouar transfer off, Jorginho focused, Torreira passes Atletico medical
Newcastle have gained one, misplaced one and drawn one this time period and can wish to begin discovering some consistency.
They host a Clarets aspect who’ve opened up their season with defeats to Leicester and Southampton.
talkSPORT 2 will carry you full protection of this match solely reside.
Newcastle v Burnley: How one can pay attention
This match will get below approach at 8pm on Saturday, October 3.
Full protection from St James’ Park will likely be reside on talkSPORT 2, with our protection beginning at 7:45pm.
Mark Wilson and John Hartson will likely be on commentary responsibility and to tune in, click on the radio participant beneath or HERE for the reside stream.
Listed here are the opposite methods to pay attention…
App iPhone – Obtain from the Apple retailer
Android – Obtain from Google Play
Radio – talkSPORT is offered throughout the United Kingdom through DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
TV – Hearken to talkSPORT via your TV on the next channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Virgin Media: Channel 927 Freeview: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Newcastle v Burnley: Staff information
Newcastle: Darlow, Krafth, Fernandez, Schar, Lewis, Hendrick, Shelvey, Hayden, Saint-Maximin, Joelinton, Wilson.
Subs: Carroll, Manquillo, Fraser, Murphy, Almiron, Gillespie, Sean Longstaff.
Burnley: Pope, Bardsley, Lengthy, Tarkowski, Taylor, Brownhill, Westwood, Stephens, McNeil, Wooden, Barnes.
Subs: Gudmundsson, Brady, Peacock-Farrell, Pieters, Vydra, Dunne, Benson.
Referee: David Coote
Newcastle v Burnley: Match stats and info
- Newcastle are unbeaten of their final seven residence league video games in opposition to Burnley (W3 D4), together with all 4 conferences within the Premier League (W1 D3). Burnley’s final league win at Newcastle was again in April 1976 (1-0).
- Burnley have saved a clear sheet in every of their final two Premier League conferences with Newcastle, as many as that they had of their earlier 14 top-flight matches in opposition to the Magpies.
- 50% of the eight Premier League conferences between Newcastle and Burnley have ended degree, with all sides successful two video games apiece.
- Newcastle have gained simply one among their final eight residence league video games (D4 L3), dropping every of their final three in a row conceding three targets every time. Solely Crystal Palace (April 1998) and Fulham (March 2014) have ever misplaced 4 consecutive Premier League residence video games whereas conceding 3+ targets every time.
- Newcastle have scored with all three of their pictures on the right track thus far within the Premier League this season, netting with each in opposition to West Ham on MD1, one in opposition to Spurs final day trip, and failing to register one in opposition to Brighton within the different.
- Burnley haven’t begun a league marketing campaign with three straight defeats since 2003-04 within the second tier, whereas the final time they did so within the top-flight was in 1927-28.
- Burnley have scored in every of their final 5 away Premier League video games (W3 D1 L1), final having an extended run of discovering the web on the street between April-October 2017 (7 video games).
- Solely goalless Sheffield United have a decrease shot conversion price than Burnley within the Premier League this season, with the Clarets netting simply 7.7% of their makes an attempt thus far (2/26).
- Newcastle’s Karl Darlow has made extra saves than some other goalkeeper within the Premier League thus far this season (18). The Englishman made 11 saves alone in Newcastle’s 1-1 draw with Tottenham final day trip.
- Newcastle’s Jeff Hendrick scored 9 targets in 122 Premier League appearances for Burnley, and he might change into simply the third participant to attain for and in opposition to the Clarets within the competitors after Andre Grey and Danny Ings.