Brighton and Watford will every be hoping to make it two wins out of two after they meet on the Amex Stadium this weekend.
The Seagulls got here from behind to beat Burnley whereas the Hornets sealed a well-known 3-2 win over Aston Villa on their return to the Premier League.
Every workforce will fancy their probabilities of securing one other three factors in a season the place each will possible be dealing with a battle for survival.
There two final met in February 2020 when it completed 1-1 on the south coast.
Brighton v Watford: talkSPORT protection
This match will likely be held Saturday, August 21 and can kick off at 5:30pm.
Full commentary from the Amex will likely be reside on talkSPORT from 5pm.
Faye Carruthers will likely be your host and commentary will come from Alex Criminal and David Connolly.
To tune in, click on the radio participant beneath or HERE for the reside stream.
Listed here are the opposite methods to pay attention…
App iPhone – Obtain from the Apple retailer
Android – Obtain from Google Play
Radio – talkSPORT is out there throughout the United Kingdom by way of DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
TV – Take heed to talkSPORT by your TV on the next channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Virgin Media: Channel 927 Freeview: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Brighton v Watford: Crew information
The hosts have numerous harm issues heading into the match with Tariq Lamptey nonetheless ready to make his long-awaited comeback.
The previous Chelsea defender has been out of motion since sustaining a hamstring harm in December 2020.
He made a short return to coaching in pre-season started however a setback has meant Lamptey will likely be unlikely to characteristic till the worldwide break.
Danny Welbeck can be set to be out till September following a recurrence of his personal hamstring challenge.
As is Dan Burn, who suffered left knee ligament injury in a 3-1 pleasant win at Luton City earlier this month.
However extra positively, Moises Caicedo was match sufficient to make the bench towards Burnley and will make an look on Saturday.
Joel Veltman and Aaron Connolly each missed the opener and stay a doubt this weekend, with the previous pressured to isolate.
Irish star Connolly in the meantime missed the win over the Clarets resulting from private causes and it’s but to be revealed if he’ll be again to face Watford.
The guests in the meantime are nonetheless with out Joao Pedro resulting from a knee harm however Joshua King could get the prospect to make his Hornets debut.
The Norwegian missed the membership’s opener with a minor criticism however each him and Kiko Femenia have been given the all-clear to journey to Brighton.
Midfielder Juraj Kucka will possible miss the sport on the Amex, whereas Nathaniel Chalobah remains to be unwell.
Brighton v Watford: Match stats and info
- Brighton have by no means misplaced a house match towards Watford within the top-flight (W1 D3), with simply 5 objectives scored in complete in these 4 matches (three Brighton, two Watford).
- The house aspect has gained simply three of the final 13 league conferences between Brighton and Watford (D6 L4), together with not one of the final three such matches between the perimeters since a 2-Zero Watford win at Vicarage Street in August 2018.
- Brighton ended final season with a run of 5 consecutive unbeaten house Premier League video games, solely as soon as having fun with a run of six with out defeat on the AMEX within the division, doing so between September and November 2017 below Chris Hughton.
- Watford misplaced their final six away Premier League matches within the 2019-20 season, with solely Norwich (6) incomes fewer away factors within the division that season than the Hornets (10). They final misplaced seven in a row within the top-flight of their closing seven away video games in 2016-17 below Walter Mazzarri.
- Watford have scored an personal objective in every of their final two Premier League video games towards Brighton, with Abdoulaye Doucoure in August 2019 and Adrian Mariappa doing so in February 2020. Solely two groups have seen gamers rating an personal objective in three video games in a row towards an opponent: Aston Villa vs Charlton Athletic (1999-2001) and Arsenal vs Chelsea (2008-2009).
- Solely Manchester City (20) have gained extra league video games in England’s prime 4 tiers to this point in 2021 than Watford (18).
- Brighton need to win each of their opening two video games to a top-flight season for the primary time, in what’s their ninth totally different top-flight marketing campaign. The Seagulls final gained their first two in any division within the 2015-16 Championship marketing campaign.
- Ismaila Sarr has scored 5 objectives in his final six league appearances for Watford, and is trying to rating in three consecutive league video games for the Hornets for the very first time.
- Brighton’s Neal Maupay scored towards Burnley on MD1, ending a run of six Premier League video games with out a objective for the Frenchman. He’s trying to rating in consecutive Premier League video games for the primary time since October 2020, whereas his first ever objective within the competitors got here towards Watford in August 2019.
- Emmanuel Dennis acquired a objective and help, whereas Cucho Hernández scored simply 53 seconds after coming off the bench on their Premier League debuts for Watford final trip. The one participant to attain in each of his first two Premier League appearances for the Hornets is Heidar Helguson, who did so in January 2000.