Stoke host Tottenham within the Carabao Cup quarter-finals tonight.
The Potters have already seen off Wolves and Aston Villa within the competitors this season and can now be gunning for his or her third huge scalp.
Michael O’Neill’s males are going nicely within the Championship too and would love to drag off a shock towards Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham.
Spurs beat Chelsea on penalties within the final spherical however going into this tie having suffered a dip in type as of late.
They’ll wish to put that proper and guide a spot within the semi-finals.
Stoke v Tottenham: Learn how to hear
This match will get beneath means at 5:30pm on Wednesday, December 23.
Full protection from the Britannia Stadium will likely be solely stay on talkSPORT 2, with our protection beginning at 5pm.
Commentary will come from Jim Proudfoot and Dean Ashton and to tune in, click on the radio participant beneath or HERE for the stay stream.
Listed here are the opposite methods to hear…
App iPhone – Obtain from the Apple retailer
Android – Obtain from Google Play
Radio – talkSPORT is offered throughout the United Kingdom by way of DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
TV – Take heed to talkSPORT by means of your TV on the next channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Virgin Media: Channel 927 Freeview: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Stoke v Tottenham: Confirmed groups
Stoke XI: Lonergan, Collins, Batth, Souttar, Smith, Cousins, Thompson, Fox, Oakley-Boothe, Brown, McClean.
Substitutes: Nna Noukeu, Ince, Vokes, Shawcross, Fletcher, Powell, Tymon.
Tottenham XI: Lloris, Doherty, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Hojbjerg, Winks, Alli, Bale, Kane, Lucas.
Substitutes: Hart, Alderweireld, Reguilon, Sissoko, Lamela, Son, Vinicius.
Stoke v Tottenham: What has been mentioned?
Regardless of their damage points, Stoke boss Michael O’Neill hopes to see extra of the spirit that has served the crew nicely these days.
He mentioned: “That’s the message we now have to hammer residence to the gamers. We did very nicely, notably towards Villa after we performed extraordinarily nicely.
“It will likely be a troublesome take a look at however a sport after we’ve all the things to achieve and that’s how we’ll strategy it.
“No matter crew they put out, given the standard of their squad and depth of their squad, it’s going to current an enormous problem to us however we will’t focus an excessive amount of on that.
“Our focus must be on our sport and making life troublesome for them, making it an uncomfortable evening for them.”
Stoke v Tottenham: Match stats and information
- The one earlier League Cup assembly between Stoke City and Spurs was in September 2011, a goalless draw with the Potters successful 7-6 on penalties to progress.
- Spurs have gained their final 5 video games towards Stoke, successful all 5 within the Premier League between April 2016 and April 2018 – 4 of these wins had been by a four-goal margin.
- Stoke City want to attain the League Cup semi-final as a non-top-flight membership for the primary time – they’ve progressed 3 times beforehand to that stage, every time as a top-flight crew in 1963/64, 1971/72 and 2015/16.
- That is Spurs’ 25th League Cup quarter-final, with solely London rivals Arsenal showing in additional (29, together with this season). They’ve progressed from their final two ties at this stage, in 2014/15 vs Newcastle and 2018/19 vs Arsenal.
- Stoke City have stored clear sheets in all 4 of their League Cup matches this season and may very well be the primary non-Premier League facet to maintain 5 in a row since Preston North Finish between 1997 and 1999. They’re additionally the primary facet to have began within the first spherical and reached the League Cup quarter-final with out conceding since Colchester United in 1974/75.
- Spurs’ final three League Cup ties have all gone to a penalty shootout (W1 L2) – the one crew to be concerned in a shootout in 4 consecutive League Cup matches had been Leicester between September 2018 and August 2019.