Premier League rivals Everton and Manchester United face off within the Carabao Cup quarter-finals tonight.
The 2 sides are going nicely within the league, degree on factors within the prime 4, and each gained on the weekend.
Carlo Ancelotti and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would dearly love a cup win this season and can look to maintain up their good kind within the cup this night.
Everton breezed previous West Ham within the final spherical whereas Manchester United noticed off Brighton.
Tonight’s winner can have an ideal shot of going all the best way this season and that ought to arrange an exhilarating tie.
Everton v Manchester United: hear
This match will get below manner at 8pm on Wednesday, December 23.
Full protection from Goodison Park will probably be completely stay on talkSPORT, with our protection beginning at 7pm.
Commentary will come from Sam Matterface and Trevor Sinclair and to tune in, click on the radio participant beneath or HERE for the stay stream.
Listed below are the opposite methods to hear…
App iPhone – Obtain from the Apple retailer
Android – Obtain from Google Play
Radio – talkSPORT is offered throughout the United Kingdom by way of DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
TV – Hearken to talkSPORT by means of your TV on the next channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Virgin Media: Channel 927 Freeview: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Everton v Manchester United: Confirmed groups
Everton: Olsen, Coleman, Godfrey, Mina, Keane, Doucoure, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin. Subs: Pickford, Kenny, Holgate, Tosun, Bernard, Gordon, Davies.
Man United: Henderson, Bailly, Maguire, Tuanzebe, Telles, Matic, Van de Beek, Pogba, Fernandes, Greenwood, Cavani. Subs: Grant, Fosu-Mensah, Fred, Shaw, Lingard, Martial, Rashford.
Everton v Manchester United: What has been mentioned?
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists Man United are determined to win a trophy having gone three seasons with out silverware.
United’s final triumph got here within the 2017 Europa League ultimate below Jose Mourinho however, since his departure and Solskjaer’s appointment, the cabinet has remained naked.
Solksjaer, who gained 9 main trophies as a participant at Outdated Trafford, mentioned: “After all it’s one thing we’re aiming for.
“We need to enhance each season and to enhance on final yr is to get to the ultimate and, in fact, while you get to the ultimate there’s just one factor that issues and that’s to elevate the trophy.
“I keep in mind myself profitable my first trophy. Even in direction of the tip of my profession, I believe it was Patrice Evra and Nemanja Vidic’s first trophy within the Carling Cup, 2006 was it?
“I believe that was their first trophy and it does give one thing to a workforce.
“We’re determined to get our fingers on a trophy, these gamers are determined to learn to win.”
Everton v Manchester United: Match stats and details
- The final League Cup assembly between Everton and Manchester United was again in November 1993 within the fourth spherical, with the Crimson Devils profitable 2-Zero at Goodison Park with objectives from Ryan Giggs and Mark Hughes.
- Manchester United need to win consecutive away matches towards Everton in all competitions for the primary time since September 2007 (three in a row), whereas the Crimson Devils have solely overwhelmed Everton twice away from residence in a single season as soon as earlier than, doing so in 1993/94 (as soon as within the league, as soon as within the League Cup).
- Everton have reached the League Cup quarter-final in consecutive seasons for the primary time since 1986/87 and 1987/88, with the Toffees dropping on penalties after a 2-2 draw with Leicester City at this stage final season.
- Manchester United need to attain the League Cup semi-final in consecutive seasons for the primary time since doing so in 2008/09 and 2009/10, profitable 3-Zero towards League Two facet Colchester United in final season’s quarter-final.
- Everton are the highest scoring workforce on this season’s League Cup, netting 12 objectives to this point. They’ve solely scored extra objectives in six earlier campaigns within the competitors, most just lately in 2015/16 (13).
- Because the begin of the 2017/18 season, solely Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin (10) has scored extra League Cup objectives than Man Utd’s Marcus Rashford (7).
- Manchester United supervisor Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has gained all six of his away League Cup matches, profitable two with Cardiff City and 4 with Manchester United, with three of the 4 with Man Utd coming at Premier League opponents – Chelsea, Man City and Brighton.