Liverpool and Arsenal will each be trying to hold their 100 % begins to the brand new Premier League season going once they face off at Anfield on Monday night time.
The 2 top-flight heavyweights have impressed thus far within the 2020/21 marketing campaign, successful two from two and enjoying some sensible soccer.
However just one facet can preserve that report and it must be an exhilarating conflict on Merseyside.
These two have met regularly lately and clashes final month within the Group Defend.
Man United information: Ultimate Sancho provide, France defender hints at switch, new Telles payment
Chelsea information: Key signing revealed, Rice ‘private phrases agreed’, midfielder ought to go
Liverpool v Arsenal: Date and kick-off time
This match can be held at Anfield on Monday, September 28 and can kick-off at 8pm.
The time of the sport was altered from its authentic 8:15pm because of the modifications in pub opening hours.
Liverpool beat Arsenal 3-1 at residence final season with Mohamed Salah scoring twice.
However the Gunners did get one of the best of the champions in final month’s Group Defend, successful on penalties at Wembley.
Liverpool v Arsenal: TV channel and dwell stream
The sport is being broadcast on Sky Sports activities Primary Occasion and Sky Sports activities Premier League from 7:45pm and follows their protection of Fulham v Aston Villa.
Sky Sports activities clients can dwell stream this through the app utilizing their cell, pill or pc units.
If not, you should buy a Sky Sports activities Day Go from NowTV for £8.99.
Liverpool v Arsenal: Group information
Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson will miss the go to of Arsenal as he has not absolutely recovered from the knock which pressured him off at half-time of Sunday’s win at Chelsea.
Thiago Alcantara appears to be like set to make his full top-flight debut.
Joel Matip stays out and Joe Gomez is uncertain so Fabinho will probably proceed to deputise at centre-back.
Arsenal have doubts over defensive trio Kieran Tierney, Sokratis Papastathopoulos and Cedric Soares whereas Shkodran Mustafi Pablo Mari and Calum Chambers stay out.
Summer season signing William Saliba can be searching for his Premier League debut this weekend whereas new goalkeeper Runar Alex Runarsson ought to make the squad.
The likes of Edward Nketiah, Nicolas Pepe and David Luiz may also be searching for begins.
Liverpool v Arsenal: Match stats and details
- Liverpool have gained their final 4 residence league video games towards Arsenal – they’ve not gained extra consecutively towards the Gunners at Anfield since a run of seven between 1981-1988.
- Arsenal’s 2-1 victory over Liverpool again in July was their first win over the Reds in 10 Premier League video games (D4 L5). The Gunners want to win back-to-back league video games towards them for the primary time since September 2012.
- Since a 1-Zero victory over Leicester in April 2017, Arsenal are winless of their final six Premier League video games towards the reigning champions (D2 L4). Nonetheless, Arsenal have gained every of their final three towards Liverpool with the Reds as reigning champions (2-Zero in Might 1989, 3-Zero in December 1990 and 1-Zero in March 1991).
- Solely three top-flight fixtures – Liverpool v Man Utd (27), Chelsea v Man Utd (20) and Arsenal v Man Utd (18) – have seen extra defeats for reigning champions than the 16 between Arsenal and Liverpool, with the Gunners having fun with 10 such victories towards the Reds.
- Liverpool are unbeaten of their final 60 Premier League residence video games (W49 D11) since a 1-2 loss towards Crystal Palace in April 2017. Solely Chelsea (86 between 2004-2008) and Liverpool themselves (63 between 1978-1980) have had longer such runs in English top-flight historical past.
- Arsenal want to win their opening three video games to a Premier League season for the primary time because the 2004-05 marketing campaign, once they gained their first 5.
- Since Jürgen Klopp’s first Premier League sport answerable for Liverpool, solely Manchester City (35 v Watford & 30 v Bournemouth) have scored extra targets towards a facet than his Liverpool staff has versus Arsenal (27).
- In 24 Premier League appearances towards Arsenal mixed for Liverpool, Roberto Firmino (8), Mohamed Salah (5) and Sadio Mané (5) have netted 67% of the Reds’ targets versus the Gunners since August 2015 (18/27), together with 10 of the final 12.
- Arsenal’s Alexandre Lacazette has scored 4 targets in his final six Premier League video games, netting in each of his appearances thus far this season. He final scored in three consecutive league video games again in February 2019.
- Mikel Arteta is trying to turn out to be the primary Arsenal supervisor to win on his first away journey to Liverpool in all competitions since Tom Whittaker in December 1947. 9 Gunners managers since then have did not win their first such go to, with eight of these dropping.